Welcome to the Mortgage Marketing Radio podcast episode #124. Today’s guest is Trevor Hammond an elite mortgage professional who has created a dialogue driven relationship business with his clients and referral partners that allows him the ability to work when and how he wants while still serving his customer. He loves getting one on one with clients and teaching them about money management and how their finances affect their home buying ability.
Maintaining relationships with your closed clients is the most effective way to build long-term growth in your loan business. When you treat your closed clients as if they are a book of business, worthy of ongoing nurture and attention, they are more likely to continue working with you and refer business to you.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/mortgagemarketingradio/MMR124.mp3″ social_gplus=”false” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” ]
Trevor shares his process for creating and maintaining long-term customers from the very first discovery call conversation. He sets the expectations for his clients that his services are available over the course of their lives. He starts the conversation early and continues to follow up over time to stay top of mind and retain his clients’ business.
You won’t want to miss this episode and all of the amazing follow-up tips Trevor shares that have led his company to closing 75% of their loans through repeat customers. Start treating your closed clients as if they are your customers for life and they will become lifetime clients.
How to find Trevor:
What you will learn in this episode:
- Getting in front of the customer and discussing their finances face to face is a key part of the lender/borrower relationship.
- Dial in and create sustainable and repeatable client onboarding processes.
- Help your client make decisions that create wealth for their family and they will continue to be your client over time.
- Treat your closed clients as if they were a book of business. Continue to nurture them over time.
In This Episode:
- [00:56] – Welcome back to the show and shout out to Andrew C. for leaving a review.
- [01:46] – Shout out to Michelle, Jill, Rob, Liz, and Rob! It was great to hang out with you at the Mastermind Summit in Vegas!
- [02:37] – This episode is brought to you by the Mortgage Marketing Pro Membership!
- [05:22] – Welcome Trevor Hammond, an elite mortgage professional!
- [06:24] – Geoff provides a quick teaser of Trevor’s business programs, processes, and books.
- [08:21] – Trevor talks about his life and his new found love of the business through personal development.
- [10:07] – Trevor shares the things that he loves to do that make him the most money.
- [11:47] – How does the consumer react to face time with their mortgage broker?
- [16:35] – Trevor shares his process for nurturing and onboarding clients.
- [20:32] – Follow up is key – own it, be open to that, and automate this process.
- [22:29] – Include your client’s kids in the moving process – send them children’s books about moving.
- [23:03] – Trevor discusses the value of the Real Estate Report Card in mortgage lending and for consumers.
- [25:27] – Use video to reinforce the buyer purchase decision and sell yourself as an expert.
- [30:41] – We’ve got to be more intentional in architecting the client experience process.
- [33:41] – When you move the customer away from the rate talk and into the core value discussion, you’re more likely to close.
- [35:20] – Trevor explains the post-close process he uses with his customers and real estate agents to create repeat clients and ongoing partnerships.
- [41:24] – Learn how to let clients know that your relationship is not over after they close.
- [42:20] – Trevor shares his post-close touch points for client retention and engagement.
- [46:44] – Record an evergreen welcome video to automate one of the touch points.
- [48:44] – Trevor and Geoff dig into Trevor’s book and the impact it has had on his business.
- [51:54] – Geoff shares his goals for the conversation and Trevor shares how you can reach him.
Links and Resources:
- Mastermind Summit 2019
- Mortgage Marketing Radio Podcast Community
- Mortgage Marketing Pro Membership
- Borrow Smart Retire Rich
- National Institute of Financial Education
- High Trust Sales Academy
- Todd Duncan
- Real Estate Report Card
- The Berenstain Bears Moving Day by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Sierra Pacific Mortgage
- Mortgages, Money and Life by Trevor Hammond
Ready to grow your business in the new year? Check out the new Mortgage MarketingPRO membership which helps you get more Agent referrals, convert more clients and build your online presence.
Want more free content to help you succeed? Join our Facebook Group Here
Subscribe on iTunes (for iPhone)
Subscribe on Stitcher (for Android)