“If I’m having a communication issue on the team, why and maybe I need to re-read their DISC and re-center myself on what is the best way that person needs to be communicated to.” -Ryan SmithClick To Tweet
Welcome to the Mortgage Marketing Radio podcast episode #131. Listen in as Geoff and his guest Ryan Smith, a loan officer with Guild Mortgage, chat about pursuing agent teams, the power of video marketing, and why reviews are so important.
Ryan attributes hitting his highest producing year to date to the ideas and processes he’s learned in the CORE coaching model. He and his team work to originate loans efficiently and show their current, future, and past clients how important they are to the Smith Mortgage team. Ryan shares just a few of the client appreciation events and processes he participates in to give back to his community and make his clients feel valued.
Learn why Ryan has sought to work with agent teams rather than individual agents and why building deep versus wide has worked for him. Are you scared to start marketing with video? Learn some of Ryan’s secrets to successful video marketing and the tools he and his team use to reach their customers with video.
If you’ve been considering reaching out to agent teams, this episode is the one you need to listen to. As a bonus, Ryan and Geoff both share some tips on where the mortgage lending market is headed and how you can prepare for the future! Don’t miss out on some amazing tips, tricks, and processes that can get your business on the right track.“When you go to a restaurant what do you do now? You read Yelp, find out the reviews… that’s what the consumer is doing now. They are reviewing that. People tell me all the time that they were referred by their agent but they read about me online.” -Ryan SmithClick To Tweet
In This Episode:
- [00:29] Welcome back to the show and Geoff shares his appreciation to his listeners.
- [01:40] Shout out to FreshGuy for leaving a review for the podcast!
- [05:33] Geoff welcomes to the show Ryan Smith who shares a bit about himself and his business.
- [08:08] Ryan breaks down the members of his team and their roles.
- [09:42] What production level was Ryan at when he realized he needed a team?
- [13:41] Who should you hire first?
- [16:08] Ryan shares his main source of business and why he targets teams.
- [20:07] Should you pursue new agents as a loan officer?
- [22:32] How to manage your agent conversations and processes?
- [26:05] Learn how Ryan approaches past-client strategy?
- [32:08] Don’t let a lack of equipment keep you from marketing with video.
- [34:23] What are letters from the heart?
- [37:18] How does Ryan schedule his agent calls?
- [39:09] What does the second half of 2019 look like for Ryan and his team?
- [41:32] Is Zillow Mortgage going to displace traditional mortgage lenders?
- [44:16] Why you should do your research before working with an agent.
- [46:13] What is the process for getting prior clients to give reviews?
Links and Resources:
- Mastermind Summit 2019
- Mortgage Marketing Radio Podcast Community
- Mortgage Marketing Pro Membership
- Core Training
- Guild Mortgage Madison on Facebook
- DISC Assessment
- Ryan on Facebook
Ready to grow your business in the new year? Check out the new Mortgage MarketingPRO membership which helps you get more Agent referrals, convert more clients and build your online presence.
Want more free content to help you succeed? Join our Facebook Group Here
Subscribe on iTunes (for iPhone)
Subscribe on Stitcher (for Android)